You all know we have use Google drive, Dropbox or Onedrive to save your personal files like photos, videos, applications, and pdf files and we can share them with your friends or public. Whenever you want to share some files, you will be given a URL so we can view that file -Obviously, that URL is not a direct links in the sense, those allow other users to visit one gateway page which contains a download link for any particular file. The user must use that to download files.
Some of us would want to share the direct links for the files, so that any user can initiate the download just by clicking that Link without opening any other pages. You could do that easily. You just need to edit the share URL to download the file. To make things a lot easier, I have shared a tool by which you can generate direct download links for your files in Google drive, Dropbox and Onedrive.
What you have to do is just copy the share URL of any file. Go to this page – Direct Download link generator for Google drive, Dropbox, Onedrive. Paste the share URL in the text box under “Enter Share link” and press Enter. Now, if you have entered a correct URL. A direct link would have been generated and selected. Press Ctrl + C to copy that URL. Just check the following image to know how it works.
- Google drive
- Onedrive (aka Skydrive)
Update: You can also generate links for the files inside a particular Google drive folder(s) or just all your Google drive files at once using Drive Direct Links add-on.
As Google has updated the user interface of Google drive recently, I’m going to give instructions to obtain the share links in the new interface. To get the new drive just click the wrench in the top right corner of drive window and select ‘Experience the new drive’.
- Right click the file you want to create download link, then select share.
- Now, click on ‘Get sharable link’, the link will be copied automatically to your clipboard.
- Go to the page mentioned above, and paste the link you have copied.
- Direct download link would be created without any problem.
Unlike Google drive & onedrive you can create direct URLs for folders too.
- Login to Dropbox.
- Hover over the file you want to share directly and click ‘Share’ and then click on ‘Copy link…’
- Use the link copied to create download link.
- Right click the file, for which you want to create download URL, then select share.
- Then, click on ‘Get a link’.
- Under ‘Choose an option’ select ‘Public’.
- Click on ‘Create link’.
- Now, you will be given a link. Use that to create direct link.
How to create direct links with this tool?
- First you must obtain the share URL.
- Here is the Guide to obtain Share link.
- Paste that link in the 'Enter Share link' textbox.
- Then, press Enter or click Generate.
- Press Ctrl + C to copy the direct link to your clipboard.
- You can save this page by pressing Ctrl + S and use it whenever you need.
- This tool will work only for Google Drive, Dropbox and Onedrive links only.
Sharing is caring That’s all. Thankyou’